2.02.09

Surface:
stretched out like the taut liquid skin
on a rippling body of water.
We float
just above
hovering over the depths
watching people, times of day, lights streaming through leaves
splash.
surface and submerge.
Sometimes wishing we could drown in the depths of memory
or bathe in the quiet of a moment.
We pass--
like leaky lifeboats with our hands stretched out almost falling in
fingers barely brushing.
There is no tide.
No waves.

This morning I woke up
hungry
the kitchen was cold.
I looked down and found my feet warm
standing in a puddle of sunlight.

2 comments:

ashmae said...

alex, you are so talented. this is really beautiful. is your leg okay? i think your phone is off

Rew4747 said...

You have a way with words. it gorgeous. Just by the way. I think it all sounds beautiful yet strangely familiar and true. I guess that's what it's supposed to do. I love reading anything you write.

Ethan Williams