4.29.08

Today felt like three days.

I was up until about five thirty in the AM helping elisa finish editing an essay before she left to Romania. Ashley had also been enlisted, but on another task--BSing some sort of hoopwork hoopla paper that was supposed to be five to seven pages single spaced. After about two hours of monotonous drudgery, she finally grumbled "I hate this" before throwing in the towel. She passed out shortly thereafter and elisa had to strongarm her into getting off the tiny armchair she had curled up in and moving into a bed to sleep.
Also, we ate toast and imitated the elderly. And I made bad puns.

Slept six hours. Wrenched myself out of bed. Gag.

Worked on the lighting for Rabbit Hole until cast showed up for rehearsal at four.
TP tried to cancel the show again. Seriously pissered.
Rehearsal went really well, lighting looks beautiful I think, and many of the scenes hit a new level. Still stressed about getting the last few details together.

Afterwards, went to Target to buy some stuff to send Lisa her first package--Burt's Bees, Almond Roca, and some Ice Breakers. She's doing well in the MTC--I got my first letter from her yesterday. Also bought some Archer's Farms chips: Maple Barbecue Kettle chips and Baked Curry chips--so good!

Ash called and gave me the heads-up on a birthday party down by Provo Bakery. I pulled up and there were probably ten kids in the middle of the street grabbing at stuff on the ground. On closer inspection: Pinata bust!
We then played Pin the Horn on the Unicorn, discussed how much we all liked Elaine on her birthday, and had a bubble gum bubble blowing contest.
George Ann won.
Adam Griggs was a close second.
Then Zina's egyptian cat Reuben sat on Davey and left an unpleasant surprise. Davey left wearing Zina's blue sweats.
A bunch of kids decided to go hot potting, but I told myself that three late nights in a row was three too many and declined. Kind of wish I had gone--but it was probably best I didn't. I have such a hard time resisting adventures.

I am excited for summer.

Debating whether or not to pick up a few summer classes, and will probably have a job teaching a few theatre courses at Dixon's summer school.

Still trying to figure out how to get to London.

Preview night tomorrow!

1 comment:

ashmae said...

alex! i'm going to copy this and paste in my journal. looking back on that night at elisa's is even funnier now. i'm so glad the show didn't get cancelled, it was seriously great. i thought about it several times on tour. come tomorrow! and let's play before this american girl leaves. love you!