Going Under the Knife

I'm trying to be optimistic about this. I'm getting surgery again in the morning. I can't sleep. I thought maybe writing a list of pros and cons would help clear my head.

CON:
Being cut open.

PRO:
Anesthesia.

CON:
Pain.

PRO:
Pain meds.

CON:
Pain meds.

CON:
Four day hospital stay.

PRO:
Spring break extension. Sort of.

CON:
Hospital gowns.

CON:
Peeing in a bottle.

CON:
Hospital food. Jello.

PRO:
I'm getting my plate out.

PRO:
I'm going to ask if I can keep it.

PRO:
Visitors. (Hint Hint)

Did I miss anything? Let me know if you think of anything else. Or, better yet, come visit me! I'll be listed in the hospital directory.

4 comments:

kate said...

good luck with the surgery.

good luck with the pain meds.

i put a wish for you in my wish jar. i'm serious.

ashmae said...

i didn't know! I will come visit! maybe we could do our writing workshop there? i'm so sorry!!!! was it the ultimate frisbee?

my ghostwriter said...

you know i'd come, but i'm covered in sickness. you don't want that.

Britt Riggin said...

Alex, this is your LONG lost friend Britt. You're having surgery? I'm so sad for you! Um... I tried to find it in a past post but couldn't, what's the surgery for? Sorry I'm so left out of your life (funny how marriage makes one disappear)