Summer Loving

Summer has been very good to me thus far. Highlights include:

-Watching Va Savoir while Lia and Nichole slept. Then having a vigorous conversation til four in the morning after they woke up while the credits were rolling.

-Driving around a lot with the windows down listening to music.

-Watching movies about East Germany in the 80's with Clark and Amy two nights in a row.

-Guerilla Gardening with Ashley and Regan and Davey and Lia and Clark and Andrew etc.




-Sleeping with the window open.

-Having outdoor movie night with Lia and Weston and Regan and Rachel!

-Not having to go to class.

-Enjoying a great meeting of the Modern Mythologists with Clark and Amy and Britt and Haley and Joel and Kyle...

...followed by a campout with Kyle and Andrew and Amy!


-My new job where I actually get paid to do be creative. (But only slightly. Mostly I get paid to be a pack-rat and a list keeper...)

-My teaching job where I actually get paid to dress up like a pirate (which I actually kind of hated...totally ridiculous. (But it did produce humorous results--as pictured below) I know it sounds like a cop out, but it's for the kids...)



(Believe you me, the only thing more fun than having to glue a beard on your face is having to find a way to unglue it. Very unpleasant. Especially without beard glue remover...)


-Stargazing with Nathalie and Lia and Caitlin and Weston!

-Longboarding with Jaclyn.

-Being able to sleep in on occasion.

-Lia and Dina's Garden Dinner Birthday Party!

-John Kovalenko's Senior Recital

-Knowing that I'm going to England again!

-Picnic on a beautiful day with Lia and Weston!


More Please!

5 comments:

Britt Riggin said...

Yay! And now I've found your blog! Totally stoked I was mentioned in it. I feel so honored! And pretty much those are FABULOUS things about summer. I sure hope we have more to add as the summer goes on!

lia said...

i L-O-V-E that i've gotten to be a part of your summer thus far-- and that you've so faithfully documented it. what a dear friend you are.

lia said...

p.s. "well, some of us stayed up until two am watching a movie, and some of us got up at two and started talking."

Katie Sue said...

So . . .I've search, pondered, and prayed about it and I'm pretty sure you're supposed to be a pirate ALL the time. (Because it is for the children. And when I say children, I mean me. But practially synonymous.)

girl with freckles said...

ooooh! yes! London!