3.21.08-1 (for Lisa)

colored sky orange into blue
evening: lazy moon perched on the mountains procrastinates rising.
we missed summer. and smoke. --I didn't mind. sorry I made a big deal.

happy when you found a skirt that twirled
pink with ribbons. You are a twirling skirt.
and you don't need another suitcase to take you away
can always get another.

I counted the diamonds on Clyde's argyle when he told us his story again.
the way newspaper fades warmest yellow I love.
Scared me that we scared him.
...and I hope that Helen came home soon.


Heartbeat like purring in slow motion
your breath filled me as we lay in the dark with the cat
close.

what I'd like to remember.

2 comments:

Little Lisa said...

I love you, Alex.

Will there be a 3.21.08-Supplemental?

Anonymous said...

Dude.

This is Nikki. You should email me and say hi

n dot e dot christensen at utah dot edu

peace brother!