Resolution:

Why is it that I always feel most ambitious in the middle of the night? --Always at the time when I am least able to accomplish ambitious things?
Tonight I am feeling ambitious and empowered. I am resolving right now to write something here every day. I think this will help me accomplish a few things:
-I will have a consistent creative outlet, which I really need...
-I will hopefully improve my writing skills and become more articulate.
-I will have a record of thoughts, impressions, memories, ideas, events, etc. to draw from, and keep a healthy perspective.

Recently I've been thinking a lot about what I want out of life. Not just in the here and now from day to day, but long term. I've been trying to weigh out what's most important to me and what brings me the greatest and longest lasting satisfaction in life, and I think I've come to a few conclusions:

a) I love people. I love meeting new people and getting to know them. I love seeing old friends and accquaintances. I love my co-workers, fellow students and peers. I love being a part of a community and contributing to the lives of those around me. People are really an integral part of my hapiness and satisfaction in life--I don't think anything gives me greater satisfaction than my relationships and associations.

b) I have a driving need to creatively express myself on a regular basis. I don't feel complete when I go for any period of time without producing something. I feel a great sense of accomplishment and satisfaction when I am able to express myself in a unique and skillful way.

c) The Gospel is and always will be at the heart of my understanding and outlook on life. I can't imagine living without it.

That's all for now. Let's see if I can make good on this goal and make another post tomorrow...if you don't hear back from me in twenty-four hours, call the cops.

1 comment:

Little Lisa said...

Maybe you always feel ambitious at night because your fatigue incites delirium, and the delirium feigns empowerment.

Or, it could be that you've just spent a good chunk of time with me, and I inspire you to do great things.

But probably, it is just that you like the nighttime.